The Swim Club Committee is currently seeking additional members for 2019-20 season.
If you would like to volunteer please contact either of our Co-Presidents.
What Does The Committee Do?
As a sub-committee of the Coorparoo State School P&C Association, the Coorparoo State School Swim Club (CSSSC) Committee is responsible for the operation of Swim Club.
Key activities include:
- Managing the finances of Swim Club including member fees, operating budgets relating to the canteen, bar, prizes, and special activities
- Communication of weekly activities and results during the season
- Registration of members
- Volunteer coordination.
The key committee roles include:
- Club President
- Specialist roles inc Computer Desk coordinator, canteen coordinator, volunteer coordinator.
How Much Time Is Required To Be a Committee Member
Over the past few seasons committee members have automated many of the weekly activities which makes our workload very manageable. The committee usually meets once per term (i.e. before Term 4, and just after the start of Term 1).
Current Committee Members
- Phillip Kennedy & Campbell Slaughter – Co-Presidents
- Ben Geard – Vice President
- Sean Knight – Treasurer
- Sally Callie – Volunteer Coordinator
- Kylie Mahoney & Dan Nash – Co-Secretary
General Committee Members
- Angela Scheffler
- Linda Harwood
- Linda Thomson
- Scott Edwards
- Josh Lawrence
- Andrew Weston
The management of the club is vested in the CSSSC Committee, which is a sub-committee of the Coorparoo State School P&C Association.
The CSSSC Committee is appointed by the Coorparoo State School P&C Association. By convention, at the end of each season, the committee roles are declared vacant and members of the P&C Association nominate to participate on the sub-committee for the following season.