The aim of our Friday night swim meets is to ensure we all have fun, can enjoy a catch up with our community, and challenge ourselves to improve our times.
With that in mind, getting the night started on time is really important so this page outlines what parents/carers and swimmers can do to help get our night off to a on-time start.
Key Times to keep in mind:
- Gates open at 5:30pm
- Nominations open at 5:45pm
- Nominations close at 6:15pm
How I can help the club
- If you get to the pool before 5:45pm stay with your family so you understand where your parents/carers are sitting
- Parents/carers can download the Swim Club Connect app to register swimmers
- Download the app
- Create your profile and join the club Coorparoo State School Swim Club
- Membership code for our club is 4151
- Create your swimmer profile/s
- Select Meets to nominate your swimmers in tonight’s events
- The announcer will let you know when nominations are going to close – approx 6:15pm
- General free swim behaviour – (1) stay off the lane ropes, (2) no diving or bombing. (3) no tiggy or throwing of other swimmers in the pool, (4) no yelling, screaming, or excessive splashing
- When the announcer calls an end to free swim, exit the pool quickly by going under the lane ropes, dry off and work out whether you will have dinner before your first race.
- Listen for the first round of races. When your race group is called, “walk” to marshalling, get there promptly and listen to the marshalls – keep the noise down
- DO NOT hang around the time keepers before or after your race. it is critical they listen to the announcer and starter.
*Swim Club Connect App offers a 30-day free trial giving you an option to subscribe for 2 months to see out this season at $2.99 per month. Should you wish to have annual access to the App then there is the option for $10.49 per year.